This finger family song helps kids to practice finger movements and develop fine motor skills. Some versions of the song change the family members and might include pets too. It’s one of the Internet’s most popular and catchy videos and it’s available in the Kokotree educational app for kids to teach core early learning concepts.
There are various benefits your child will gain when watching the preschool education video:
- Developing fine motor skills — Kids will use their fingers to show each member of the Finger Family, as they sing along to the song. This is ideal for developing fine motor skills, which help with writing, cutting, and tying shoelaces for example.
- Developing social and emotional understanding — Each member of the family can be seen saying hello and waving. Kids will see that we might ask, “How do you do?” when you meet someone. It’s beneficial for children to understand the different ways we can greet people.
- Developing attention skills — Children will pay attention to make sure they know which member of the family is next. Developing attention skills is important so that kids listen carefully at school and take notice of the world around them.
- Developing rhyming ability — Being able to rhyme is an important skill for young children. Rhyming can help children recognize different sounds and develop their phonics skills. In this video, they will hear “you” and “do” rhyme several times. Rhyming words also help increase memory.
- Developing a sense of rhythm — This song helps kids develop their ability to understand rhythm and keep in time. This is a vital skill for learning musical instruments and participating in sporting activities where timing is crucial. Rhythmic ability also develops reading skills, where rhythm helps with syllables and expression.
- Increasing general knowledge — The video shows the family in their house, with lots of items and actions that your child can identify and name. They will see dad at the computer, mom knitting, the brother playing with his train set, the sister painting, and the baby in its cot. There are many other objects too, such as books, building blocks, plants, furniture, a ball, and other toys.
The Finger Family song has a number of educational benefits which can be reinforced by different activities.
Activities and Reinforcement
- If you have some finger puppets, get your child to put them on their fingers at the appropriate points in the song. They can give them a wiggle too, strengthening their finger muscles and developing fine motor skills.
- Sing the song, changing the family members to fit your own family. You can include pets too!
- Draw around your child’s hand and let them draw the finger family on each finger. Point to each person as you sing together.
What is the finger family video for kids?
The finger family video for kids is a fun and educational way to learn about the different members of a family. This video features fingers representing other family members, such as mom, dad, grandparents, siblings, and cousins.
Each finger has its unique personality, and the video teaches kids about the different roles each family member plays. The finger family video for kids is a great way to teach children about families and how they work together.
The Origins and Rise of the Finger Family Song
The Finger Family song, often known as the “Daddy Finger” song, has deep roots in the realm of children’s nursery rhymes. The finger family song origin is somewhat shrouded in mystery, much like many other classic nursery rhymes. However, what’s clear is its global appeal, drawing in millions of young viewers and their caregivers from all corners of the world.
Why Nursery Rhymes like Finger Family Matter
Nursery rhymes, like nursery rhymes finger family, have been an integral part of childhood for centuries. They offer simple, catchy tunes that are easy for children to remember and sing along to. More importantly, they often carry educational messages or lessons that are beneficial for young minds.
Understanding Relationships and Roles: Nursery rhymes that highlight relationships, like the Finger Family song, help children understand family dynamics. When singing about the ‘Mommy Finger’ or ‘Daddy Finger,’ children are introduced to familial roles and their relative importance.
Building a Memory: Nursery rhyme songs are repetitive by design. This repetition aids in memory building. With the my nursery rhyme finger family, children are exposed to repetitive structures that help reinforce memory retention.
Deep Dive into the Finger Family Activities
With the growing popularity of the Finger Family song, a myriad of finger family activities have emerged. These activities not only make the learning process fun but also solidify the teachings of the song.
Finger Family Drawing: Encourage your child to participate in finger family drawing sessions. They can illustrate each family member on their fingers, which promotes both creativity and understanding of the song’s content.
Toys Activities Finger Family: Utilize toys to play out the family finger narrative. Action figures, dolls, or even DIY paper characters can be used to enact the song, providing a tangible learning experience.
Interactive Finger Video Sessions: The video finger sessions can be made more interactive. Pause the video at intervals and ask your child to predict which family member will be introduced next. This not only tests their memory but also keeps them engaged.
Making Your Own Finger Videos: With the easy accessibility of smartphone cameras, you can create your own finger videos. Let your child take the lead, creating their own narratives around the finger family theme.
Dive Deeper: The Evolution of Finger Family Song and its Variants
The initial version of the finger family may have revolved around the basic family members, but over time, the characters in the song have expanded. Now, there are versions featuring pets, farm animals, and even popular cartoon characters. This adaptability is what makes the song so widely accepted and loved.
Fingers Family: Beyond the Basic Family Unit
The fingers family song can also be adapted to teach children about extended family members like aunts, uncles, and cousins. This expanded version can be an excellent tool for teaching kids about larger family structures.
Is the finger family video safe for preschoolers?
YouTube has become a hotspot for kids’ content in recent years. A quick search for “finger family” brings up millions of results, many of which feature child-friendly characters like Peppa Pig and Elsa from Frozen.
However, some of these videos have stirred up controversy among parents for having content that is not appropriate for children. In addition to blood, violence, and swearing, some videos also feature adult content and toilet humor. While there is nothing inherently wrong with these topics (for adults), the way they are presented in some videos can be very disturbing for young children.
As a result, parents must be cautious when choosing finger family videos for their children. There are plenty of great options out there, but it is important to vet each video before showing it to your kids.
Is the finger family video educational for preschoolers?
The finger family video is an excellent way to introduce the concept of a family to preschoolers. This video helps children understand that families come in all shapes and sizes and that each member plays an important role. The finger family video is also excellent for teaching basic concepts such as counting and colors.
Kokotree’s version of the Finger Family is 100% safe for preschoolers and toddlers.
Our video features cute and colorful characters that kids will love, and we avoid controversial or inappropriate content. Plus, our video is set to calm music that will keep your kids entertained from start to finish.
We pay special attention to the needs of young children, and our video is designed to be both educational and entertaining.
Who created the finger family videos?
Since the first “finger family” video appeared on YouTube, they have been a site fixture. For unfamiliar people, finger family videos typically feature a group of anthropomorphic fingers singing a short song.
The lyrics usually involve each finger performing some action, such as “Daddy Finger, Daddy Finger, where are you?” While the videos are all incredibly similar, no one has officially come forward as their creator. This has led to several theories about who is responsible for these videos. Some believe that they are created by automated bots, while others think they are the work of a single individual trying to prank the entire internet.
However, the most popular theory is that they are the product of a sentient AI attempting to communicate with humans. Whatever the case, the finger family videos remain one of the great mysteries of the internet.
What is the purpose of the finger family videos?
The finger family videos aim to teach kids about families and how they work together. The videos also help children learn about concepts such as counting and colors. In addition, finger family videos are a great way to keep kids entertained.
How many family members are referenced in the finger family videos?
There are currently six finger family videos, each featuring a different member of a family. The videos are Mommy Finger, Daddy Finger, Grandma Finger, Grandpa Finger, Sister Finger, and Brother Finger.
What do the finger family videos teach kids?
The finger family videos teach kids about the different members of a family and the different roles that each member plays. The videos also teach children about basic concepts such as counting and colors.
The Undying Appeal of the Finger Family Song
In the age of the internet, where new content is generated every second, the consistent popularity of the Finger Family song and its associated finger family activity is a testament to its timeless appeal. Whether it’s the catchy tune, the easy-to-follow gestures, or the underlying message of family unity, this nursery rhyme has secured its place in the annals of classic children’s content.